Go to Accounting -> New Operation -> Create a New Manual Journal
or Accounting -> Journal Entries and click on the "New Manual Journal" button.
Fill out the form:
- Journal date – a date for which the journal is created.
- Journal type – a suitable journal type from the drop-down menu.
- Document number – a document number that will be associated with the created journal (optional).
- Business partner – a partner name; if not found it will be created.
- Account – a general ledger account.
- Description – a line description
- Debit, Credit – an amount for which the journal entry is credited or debited; you can post as many debit and credit journal entries as you need just make sure the total amount debited equals to the total amount credited otherwise the journal remains unbalanced.
- Currency –a currency; the current exchange rate will be uploaded automatically.
- Tax key – a tax key for the journal entry line for automatic calculation of the taxes and automatic generation of the entry in the tax journal entry if required.
While posting manual journal entries for such account groups as money, debtors, creditors and advances, you can select a tax key so the taxes are calculated automatically and a corresponding tax journal entry is posted. For all tax keys, except for import, the taxes are calculated on the gross amount in the journal entry line, while for import the tax base is calculated on the tax amount in the journal entry line.
- Narration – any notes relating to the created journal.
- Project – a project name; if not found it will be created.
- Tags – any tags if required (you can add multiple tags by separating them with a comma as you type).
Post a balanced journal entry by clicking Post button.